But here’s the thing. You don’t get to decide to just take what you want from another culture that you’re not apart of, when people of that culture have told you “No.” If someone says, “Don’t touch my shit,” YOU LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE.
People relate to things across cultures.
People from one culture can find beauty or inspiration in objects, ideas and rituals in another culture.
It is not wrong or “bad” for anyone to bring into their lives aspects of other cultures.
EVERY culture EVER has done this. To do so is to make other cultures less taboo and segregated.
It is completely ridiculous to say that one person is not allowed to use/participate in/wear/like/be interested in other cultures.
Not to mention this whole idea is a very white way to think.
What is up with white people thinking that they are just entitled to everyone’s shit? You aren’t Black/Asian/Native/Hispanic, therefore, if we tell you “STOP STEALING OUR SHIT,” You don’t get to say, “Well, here’s what I think.” NO ONE CARES. WHAT YOU THINK. It’s our shit that you are stealing, disrespecting, driving into the ground. So of course, you wouldn’t give a fuck about the damage you cause, because it’s not like it’s yours! Honest to god.
- blanketfrt reblogged this from thinkspeakstress
- djjazzyleft reblogged this from thinkspeakstress
- blanketfrt likes this
- apsides likes this
- montrealmighteatitsyoung likes this
- bigmouthbigideas likes this
- neharaysays likes this
- trickster-princess reblogged this from thinkspeakstress
- alexivore likes this
- blackleatherpout likes this
- thinkspeakstress reblogged this from smallreckonings and added:
- innercheeseburger likes this
- smallreckonings posted this