Except that the OP is a survivor of sexual assault herself, and seeing as she’s been through both SA AND through racial fetishization, she is allowed to determine for herself in a PERSONAL POST whether she feels the two are alike FOR HER or not. And we, as other WoC who have ALSO experienced both are allowed to agree IF WE HAPPEN TO AGREE? Can you try NOT telling us that we’re wrong for agreeing when WE FUCKING FEEL THAT WAY BASED ON WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US? Can you try to NOT shame the OP for making a comparison that was valid to HER life? Can you STOP acting like she said “THIS IS HOW IT IS FOR EVERYONE, THE END”? Can a person VENT about their own personal trauma without you motherfuckers coming in to tell them that they’re doing it wrong? And bonus points to you for telling her how to deal with her own traumas. PERSON OF THE GOD DAMN YEAR.
When coming from the wrong person
Can seriously feel like sexual assault
NOPE. NOPE NOPE NOPE.
Except no, you’re wrong and you’re lacking proper context and knowledge of who I am and what I’ve been through.
So how about you keep your policing politics to yourself when you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about
It’s embarrassing to watch.
How’s about you stop telling other SA survivors they’re wrong when they’re legitimately upset by your false equivalencies?
It’s embarrassing to watch.
So YOU get to decide what is and what isn’t a false equivalency
GRAND PRIESTESS OF SA SURVIVORS
TEACH ME YOUR WAYS OF DEALING WITH RACIALIZED FETISHIZATION ON A REGULAR BASIS
bitch bai, i’m better than you
Considering how your first comment didn’t say anything about that, it’s pretty easy to misinterpret.
Sorry i didn’t make a fucking disclaimer about my life on my own blog
Sorry you didn’t bother to look a bit further into things
or think deeper instead of being a reactionary cunt
Like seriously get the fuck out
YOU make an assumption and get shown up for it
BUT I’M AT FAULT?
Now I’m really done
Calling someone a cunt, yeah that’s great
Abuse survivor and queer PoC here. I’ve been called everything under the sun…
And you know what? NOTHING BUT SEXUAL ASSAULT FEELS LIKE SEXUAL ASSAULT. NOTHING. NOT BEING CALLED A RACIAL SLUR, NOT BEING OPPRESSED BY THE PERMEATION OF WHITE PRIVILEGE, NOT BEING *CALLED* ANYTHING. Yes, words DO hurt… but the experience of being emotionally and mentally abused is NOT THE FUCKING SAME as being physically assaulted. If you think that, not only are you a horrible person but you’re also buying into the very systems you seem to want to disavow.
That’s a horrible conceit to make, and it’s even more fucked up that you’re trying your damnedest to defend it. IT IS FALSE EQUIVALENCE. You CANNOT use your being part of marginalized group as a coverall for being able to say whatever kind of nonsense you want. YES; EVEN IF YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. YOU SHOULD FUCKING KNOW BETTER. There’s really no excuse for it.
If you want to be a dismissive and offensive crapsack, keep doing what you’re doing. If you actually CARE about being a decent human being, maybe you can stop trying to defend this disgusting idea and STOP COMPARING THINGS THAT AREN’T COMPARABLE. I mean, seriously… What the fuck?
- -fragilebrokenthing reblogged this from spacew0man
- gamingtimeladyfromgallifrey reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- strugglingtobeheard likes this
- creekdontrise likes this
- vkvsamv reblogged this from theuppitynegras
- alement reblogged this from genderbitch
- holyfuckmeinthemouth reblogged this from frank-e-fighting-words
- atomiccuttlefish reblogged this from genderbitch
- thecoffeebreaklife likes this
- xmasandribena likes this
- onceuponanotsolongtimeago likes this
- thatdudefromnewyork likes this
- tony-not-toni likes this
- nooriginalcontent likes this
- hamburgerjack likes this
- alostbird likes this
- eclipsed-wren likes this
- blackfoxx reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- strugglingtobeheard reblogged this from ceeainthereforthat and added:
- popkiller likes this
- blackraincloud reblogged this from ceeainthereforthat and added:
- ceeainthereforthat reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard and added:
- reinosview likes this
- iluisindustries likes this
- torukun1 reblogged this from serafinacastaway and added:
- apatheticsexlife likes this
- ninjahlover likes this
- neoliberalismkills likes this
- thinkspeakstress reblogged this from renamok and added:
- laziestgenius likes this
- clareer likes this
- renamok reblogged this from thinkspeakstress and added:
- forgetpolitics reblogged this from strugglingtobeheard
- birchsoda likes this
- myheartwillgojoan said: The original post wasn’t even comparing sexual assault to racist verbal assaults, though. It was comparing sexual assault to being spoken to in a exclusively sexual context, fetishized, and thereby left indefensibly objectified and vulnerable.
- hell-books likes this
- fucks-with-stussi likes this
- mandaplz likes this
- ondai likes this